Learn More About our Tax Services
Tax Planning and Preparation by Walnut Creek CPA
Serving the areas of Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, and San Ramon
We help clients keep more of what they earn. Tax planning is a key component of our tax services. When preparing a tax return for a client, we dedicate an equal amount of time to tax planning as we do to tax preparation and compliance. Both planning and compliance are important to minimize your taxes and file an accurate return. There are many legal incentives for businesses and individuals to minimize their taxes. The key is to be aware of the tax laws and have the experience to apply them to the specific client situations. Otherwise, the tax planning opportunities that are allowed by the law may go unused, resulting in a higher tax bill to the client. We keep abreast of tax law changes throughout the year to ensure that you are taking advantage of ALL tax incentives. The tax services we provide are:
- Business Tax Planning and Preparation (e.g. Corporate, partnerships, LLCs)
- Individual tax returns, including schedule C
- Estate and trusts
- Final returns for the deceased
- Tax Choice of Entity Consulting
- Tax Audit Resolutions
- Quarterly Payroll Tax Preparation
- Alternative minimum tax planning
- IRS Problem Resolution
We offer a FREE initial consultation session.
Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. According to a study released by the US Government's General Accounting Office last year, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer. Our experienced Walnut Creek CPA firm can assist you in all your tax and accounting-related needs.
Whether we like it or not, today's tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use a computer software program there's no substitute for the assistance of an experienced Walnut Creek CPA and tax professional.
Here's what you get...
- Your tax return will be checked and rechecked by our computer software identifying potential problems the IRS may look at more closely and reviewing the math to limit IRS contacts.
- Your tax return can be filed electronically so you will get a refund back quicker.
- Our staff will show you how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week. Why give the IRS an interest free loan for up to 16 months.
- We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year. In addition, we will give you a sheet of commonly overlooked deductions to limit the following year's tax liability.
Books a Mess: No Problem!
If you own a small business and haven't kept up your bookkeeping, don't worry. We can help you. We'll prepare your bookkeeping for the year, prepare a full Schedule C, as well as your personal income tax return. Then we'll help you set up an easy system that allows you to keep your books in tip-top shape next year.
Planning is the key to successfully and legally reducing your tax liability. Our Walnut Creek CPA firm goes beyond tax compliance and proactively recommends tax saving strategies to maximize your after-tax income.
We make it a priority to enhance our mastery of the current tax law, complex tax code, and new tax regulations by attending frequent tax seminars.
Businesses and individuals pay the lowest amount of taxes allowable by law because we continually look for ways to minimize your taxes throughout the year, not just at the end of the year. Stop by and speak with a certified CPA at our Walnut Creek location to learn about our strategies to minimize your taxes.
We recommend Tax Saving Strategies that help you...
- grow and preserve assets by keeping Uncle Sam out of your pockets.
- defer income so you can keep your money now and pay less taxes later.
- reduce taxes on your income so you keep more of what you make.
- reduce taxes on your estate so your family keeps more of what you've made.
- reduce taxes on your gifts so you can give more.
- reduce taxes on your investments so you can grow your wealth faster.
- reduce taxes on your retirement distributions so you can retire in style.
Here's just a few of the Tax Saving Strategies we use...
- Splitting income among several family members or legal entities in order to get more of the income taxed in lower bracket.
- Shifting income or expenses from one year to another in order to have them fall where it will be taxed at a lower rate.
- Deferring tax liabilities through certain investment choices such as pension plans, contributions and other similar plans.
- Using certain investments to produce income that is tax exempt from either federal or state or both taxing entities.
- Finding tax deductions by structuring your money to pay for things you enjoy, such as a vacation home.
Remember, we work for you not for the IRS. Many of our clients save many times the fee in reduced tax liability through careful planning and legitimate tax strategies.